Privacy Notice Last updated: October 15, 2014.
What Personal Information About Parties, Counsel, Arbitrators, Witnesses And Other User Of This Site Does JustForumAccess.com Gather?
Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store all information you enter on our Web site including all information communicated in, by email from or to you using JFA email accounts or give or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of our services. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, administering arbitration proceedings, including any requests for an appeal and at the conclusion of each proceeding, we provide copies of the Final Settlement Offers of each Party to the Arbitrator so that a decision can be as to whether there will be a Fee Award and having and maintaining a complete record of all proceedings and communications and we may use and provide information and data on and from all surveys to which you respond.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses JustForumAccess.com and other content served by or on behalf of JustForumAccess.com on other Web sites.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from JustForumAccess.com if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide more efficient access to our site.
Does JustForumAccess.com Share the Information It Receives?
The Award, Proceedings and identities of participants in the existence of Proceedings are maintained in confidence along with all other information we receive from you or on your behalf, the only exceptions, and information which we reserve the right to disclose, are as follows:
(i) Your responses to survey requests and surveys,
(ii) Information required to enforce an award or seek entry of a judgment,
(iii) Information requested by a government or regulatory agency pursuant to any legal or regulatory proceedings,
(iv) Information provided as set out below with respect to Business Transfers or Protection of JustForumAccess.com and Others,
(v) Information provided by or on behalf of a Party, its counsel or witnesses which is subsequently requested by that Party, and,
(vi) Information shared with subsidiaries and affiliates of JFA, LLC, its and their directors, managers, partners, officers, advisors and potential sources of funding and employees, in confidence.
Arbitrators and Representatives Are Not Within Our Control: While all Arbitrators and Representatives have implicitly or expressly agreed to comply with the Rules set out by JFA, including Rules pertaining to confidentiality, they are not within the control of JFA. We do not control, nor do we have the right or obligation to control or attempt to influence in any way, Arbitrators and Representatives, including Representatives referred by JFA. All are independent contractors.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, a Party otherwise agrees). Also, in the unlikely event that JustForumAccess.com, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of JustForumAccess.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of JustForumAccess.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
What Is My Role Or Obligation?
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
JustForumAccess.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with JustForumAccess.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- You can always choose not to provide information, except for information required to be provided in accordance with the Rules or otherwise in a Proceeding.
- You can add or update certain information you previously provided. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please let us know. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of JustForumAccess.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Are Children Allowed to Use JustForumAccess.com?
No. This site is solely for use by Adults and corporations and other juridical entities or institutions. If you are under 18, you may use JustForumAccess.com only with the control, authority and involvement of a parent or guardian.
JustForumAccess.com and the Safe Harbor Program?
In compliance with the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles, we endeavor to resolve all complaints about privacy and the collection or use of customer information. If you have questions about our participation in the Safe Harbor program or have a complaint, please send e-mail to contactus@JustForumAccess.com.
Under the Safe Harbor program, any unresolved privacy complaints can be referred to an independent dispute resolution mechanism. We use the BBB EU Safe Harbor Program, which is operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you feel that we have not satisfactorily addressed your complaint, you can visit the BBB EU Safe Harbor Program web site at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information on how to file a complaint.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit or use JustForumAccess.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice. The Rules of JFA and our Terms and Conditions, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Minnesota. If you have any concern about privacy at JustForumAccess.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide information when you provide information in Your Profile, in completing the Questionnaire; communicate with us, employ our e-mail systems, initiate and participate in a Proceeding, or otherwise use our services provide and respond to surveys.
Information from Other Sources
We may collect Credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.